Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dismal Swamp Canal Trail, Chesapeake, Virginia

The Dismal Swamp Canal Trail, in Chesapeake, Virgina, is one of my very favorite hikes. This is a 8.5 mile stretch of old Virginia Route 17 that runs along the Dismal Swamp Canal which is part of the Atlantic Intracoastal Waterway. There lots of folks who bike here, but we just walk. We walked two miles today. My folks like it because it is paved. I like it because of all the wonderful smells. It is in the woods, so there are lots of wild things around like deer, groundhogs, wild turkey, and even bears! My nose is always on the ground there!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ivy! I can see you have a great life and a great family! You're a beautiful yellow lab! Congratulations Ivy's mom!
    Kisses from Rufus and Indie

    ReplyDelete