Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Lab Rescue...we are getting involved

Mom and Dad are getting involved with a Lab rescue. It is called Lab Rescue of the Labrador Retriever Club of the Potomac(Lab Rescue of L.R.C.P. Inc.)This group rescues, fosters, and adopts out Labrador Retrievers and Golden Retriever-Labrador Retriever mixes. Their volunteers are active in the metropolitan Washington, D.C. area, including Northern Virginia and Maryland, and throughout the Mid-Atlantic region including the Baltimore area, the greater Richmond area, Virginia's Tidewater region, Maryland's Eastern Shore, eastern West Virginia, southwest Virginia and parts of Pennsylvania. So, it is a huge organization. Mom and Dad will be volunteering out of the Tidewater region, which includes VA Beach (where I live), Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, and the VA Peninsula. They will be checking out potential adopters and new adopters and more than likely, doing some fostering. I am not sure how I feel about another dog in the house, but I will try very hard to be nice. Here is a picture of a dog named Nestle who is looking for a home.....he is wrapped up and ready for Christmas! Please click on the link below for Nestle and find out all about him and all the other Labs who are waiting for a furever home!
Nestle
Check out Nestle!  He's gift wrapped for the holidays already... on Twitpic

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Good for you (well good for your mom and dad). I have only fostered once but I help in other ways like working with potential adopters and I find it rewarding. Sometimes it is difficult because you are faced with the fact that you can't save them all but you will make a difference and save more than would be if you were not there. I bet there will be some submissive males that you would get along with safely if your parents decide to foster. Still they are helping either way! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your great doggie bloggie through FB dog bloggers.
    I was a shelter volunteer and fostered pups...I "fostered" Buddy, but couldn't give him up when others wanted to adopt him.
    Hugs and Rubs to Ivy,
    ~K

    ReplyDelete