Monday, September 20, 2010

The woods are lovely, dark and deep....

......and I have miles to go before I sleep.
We had an awesome walk in a new place this morning. The folks drove us to West Neck Creek Natural Area in Virginia Beach. I had been there once before but not off the paved trail and it was the first time there for Iris. It seems there are a few miles of hiking trails back behind the paved area. We passed an old abandoned house (very spooky) and walked about a mile and a half in the woods. They are nice, kind of deep woods, so you don't want to leave the trail or you might get lost! There were all kinds of smells around.....I recognized the smell of horses! Iris was very interested in their dung.....she is such a goofball! Good thing we did not see any horses or other critters cuz Iris goes kinda nuts when we do. She REALLY needs to get a grip!
From Iris: Of course I know horses! I played tag with the wild ones in Corova Beach, NC, a few years back! You call ME a goofball?! I just wanted to smell their dung, YOU wanted to ROLL in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment