Saturday, October 23, 2010

It's almost here....the SPCA Walk for the Animals!

I have been waiting such a long time but FINALLY! The Virginia Beach SPCA Walk for the Animals is tomorrow. I am super EXCITED!
Truthfully, I am one lucky dog to even be walking the Walk! Because in 2008 I had not one, but TWO knee surgeries called TPLO's. Pretty much the equivalent of a ACL tear in humans, my injury required expensive, orthopedic surgery to fix. Now, just about two years later, I am a bionic dog and healthy as a horse! Well, I could lose a little weight, but the Walk may help with that, as I have been training for months.
The parental units have been busy fundraising for what seems like months and it has paid off. They have raised over a thousand bucks! And, by special arrangement, all that dough goes to the  VBSPCA C.A.R.E. Medical Fund. This fund was established to help shelter animals like my friend Rembrandt, who came into the SPCA earlier this year with some of the same injuries that I had. Sadly, Remmie was not able to survive his injuries, and he waits at the Rainbow Bridge. Our family is walking in his memory. RIP,  buddy.
Want to contribute? You still can. Please just click on this link.  Or scroll down the right side of the page to the First Giving widget. It's fast, easy, and secure.
Can't contribute? It's ok. But, please pray for shelter animals everywhere and remember.....saving one animal won't change the world, but surely the world will change for that one animal.

2 comments:

  1. Have funs tomorrow! :)

    WOofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae

    ReplyDelete
  2. your last sentence is so true! have fun at the walk!

    xx
    snoopundemily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete